Pages

Food Palate

I have a limited palate, so to speak. By most people's standards, the types of food I enjoy eating is limited. I like hamburgers, pizza, pasta, cereal and any meat sandwich. Before you read much further, by meat sandwich, I mean most breads with any meat, American cheese (can be cheddar or a few others) and some mayo - that's it.

People consider this limited because I exclude essentially all vegetables and a number of fruit from my palate (with the exception of banana (technically an herb), apples (technically a non-fruit - look it up) and oranges).

For anyone who's read this far and doesn't know what palate means: a person's food preferences.

You may call it limited, but I call it knowing what I like. Just because you can't enjoy having burgers for every meal, weeks in a row, doesn't mean I can't. I enjoy it and I know how to keep healthy with it.

The key is vitamins and good drinks (ie Naked Juice (not a euphemism)) and not overdoing it. Although I've done it a number of times, a double, but especially a triple whopper for one meal is overdoing it.

With moderation and supplements, chances are you'll be just as good as everyone else even with a so-called "limited palate".

Forcing kids to eat vegetables is just gonna give them fuel to resent you later. I don't resent my parents so maybe you can make up for it in other areas but better safe than sorry, eh?

Now, don't get me wrong, I can go beyond my main palate in a few ways - I enjoy grapes and fish and eggs on occasion but mainly I stick to the aforementioned selections.

So, if you're planning on having kids some day or if you've already got some: either train 'em young to love vegetables (ie brainwash them) or figure out a way to get them the healthy stuff (ie vitamins).

Now some people will claim that vitamins aren't gonna get you everything because it's synthetic. You got options; try a smoothie so that the healthy stuff can be mixed in or try a non-synthetic vitamin.

Nutrilite is partially synthetic and partially non-synthetic (http://www.nutrilite.com/en-us/General/faq-products.aspx) and so you'll get everything your body needs so that you can have a diet that doesn't consist of vile tasting foods (I'm looking at you broccoli).

For a video by a great YouTuber who shares my sentiments, watch here (Warning, not necessarily safe for younger kids - I'd give it a PG-13 but if you're concerned, have an adult(18+) watch before the kid does).

No comments:

Post a Comment