Pages

Drawing

Every once in a while I get convinced that if I really put my mind to it, I can be the next Leonardo Da Vinci or Salvador Dali. The problem is: I expect to be as great as them, within 20 to 30 minutes of practice.

That is what I want (minus my comments).

This is what I get:


Admittedly you can probably notice a number of similarities between the two pieces and some may even argue that my version is better, but it doesn't capture quite the same emotion I feel that Da Vinci manages. 

Eventually I give up on my passion for art, realizing that if I pursued a career in it, I'd either put all other artists to shame or my true genius wouldn't be recognized till after I'm dead and I'm not that patient (See the second sentence of this post).

Some time passes...

More time passes...

Eventually I realize that if I really put my mind to it, I can be the next Leonardo Da Vinci or Salvador Dali.

No comments:

Post a Comment