Pages

Watches

Back before cell phones became popular, watches still existed and served some purpose (historians suggest they were designed to inform the user what time it is). I constantly wanted a watch and this isn't because I didn't get watches it's because I always got silly watches that I became obsessed with, for about a week, and then lost. Eventually I didn't need to have a watch, because now I'm never more than 20 feet from an electronic device with time-telling capabilities.

Regardless, when I was five, I was with my step-dad and he was dropping me off at my pre-k/kindergarten class (I can't remember which, it's been a while) and then he proceeded to change the time on his watch. Fascinated, I stared - bewildered. This man that my mother had found, had within his power the ability to set time back (or forward!) an hour. The POWER this man had was not that of mere mortals - I knew that at age five. I was quite pleased with mom's pickings from her plethora of suitors (as I'm sure the case was).



He needed to practice and hone in this skill, so twice a year he'd go about managing time in this fashion. Once setting time forward, once backward. It was positively amazing. I'm sure as you are reading this (my massive following of nobody) you are seething with jealousy and contempt, but alas not everybody can have family members so close to them with this power.

It wasn't like he just changed his single watch's time - this was a virtually global event. He changed all the clocks in the house and whatever he changed them to: it was recognized around the world as the correct time. Pretty freakin' awesome, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment